Express Entry is an online selection system for Canadian immigration that ranks applicants based on their total Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS). You can compute your CRS using a certain criteria that gives you points based on your age, marital status, educational qualifications and skilled work experience.
To calculate your CRS points, go to our Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) Calculator.
Bonus or additional points can also be added to your overall score if you have a Permanent Job Offer from a Canadian employer, or if you are granted a Provincial Nomination by one of the provinces in Canada.
To be selected for Express Entry, you need to meet the minimum requirements, which include:
- Skilled Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- Valid Job Offer
Additional information on chosen factors can be found below:
For your education, you will need to have:
- A Canadian secondary, postsecondary certificate, diploma or degree
- A Canadian equivalent foreign credential
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
Skilled Work Experience
Skilled work experience will be considered if:
- It is at least 1 year of paid skilled work experience
- It is in the same job
- It was gained within the last 10 years
- It is listed as a skill type 0, A or B on the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
For the language requirements, you must take an English or French proficiency test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and score Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or equivalent.
Language proficiency tests approved by CIC include:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
- Test d’evaluation de Francais (TEF)
To see if you qualify for Express Entry, send your updated CV to email@example.com.
Use the SUBJECT LINE: "Express Entry Assessment"